Friday, June 25, 2010

My New Family

My new family is great! They are so excited I'm living with them, so it's been very nice to feel so welcomed. The mom is Monica and she is wonderful. Her father owns a restaurant and she works at it during the week. She makes desserts that she sells to the restaurant including cupcakes, which are unheard of here. She is married to Edgar. They are newlyweds of 4 weeks! The 11-year-old son is Benjamin, and he reminds me of Manny on Modern Family. He is a jokester and a dancer. He asked me to help him translate a Spanish song to English for his homework. This is what he already had. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I laughed way harder than that.

English translation homework...


Fran, the 10-year-old daughter, LOVES ME! She asked if I could stay for a year. She can often be found hugging me or asking me to play games. When they all found out I would be living here, they gave me hugs and started jumping around. The first night I stayed with them we had pasta for dinner. I knew I was home. I'm always welcome to eat at the restaurant, which serves mashed potatoes, French fries and wonderful desserts. Then I come home to delicious cooking and more wonderful desserts. I might come home heavier but it's all out of love. Monica did my laundry as well. I came home to all of my underwear neatly folded into squares sitting in perfect little piles. I took a picture and am still deciding if I will post it.
The grandparents are one of the founding families of the church, and are still very active. He runs the restaurant so I have gotten to eat with him a few times. He speaks great English as does Monica, so that's always a plus! In August I will be coming home with two adopted siblings I never had! Pictures of everyone in the next post!

1 comment:

  1. 1) can i get a copy of that spanish song...? haha!
    2) i like the chilean flag because it looks so similar to the texas flag.
    3) i miss ya teammate! i pray for you way very much often (that means a lot)

    ReplyDelete